- Om is the most famous mantra in Hindhu, Buddism and YOGA traditions and has become an unofficial Yoga logo.
- Om is typically chanted three times at the start and end of a Yoga class
- Om has 3 syllables – AUM (aaaaauuuuummmmm)
- Om is a sound vibration the same frequency as the Universe
- Chanting Om helps us connect to our Yoga practice on a deeper level, tuning into the sound of the Universe and acknowledging our connection to all living things
- The Om sound vibrations also have a physical effect on the body slowing the nervous system and calming the mind
AUM stands for the supreme Reality,
It is a symbol for what was, what is,
And what shall be. AUM represents also
What lies beyond, Past, present and future.
[Quote: The Mandukya Upanishad]